Physiological changes to your body when you Stop Smoking
Within 20 minutes of your last cigarette
- Blood pressure drops to normal
- Pulse rate drops to normal
- Body temperature of hands and feet return to normal
- Carbon monoxide levels in the blood drops to normal
- Oxygen level in blood increases to normal
- Chance of heart attack decreases
- Nerve endings start re-growing
- Ability to smell and taste things is enhanced
- Bronchial tubes relax, making breathing easier
- Lung capacity increases
2-Weeks to 3-Months
- Circulation improves
- Walking becomes easier
- Lung function increases by up to 30%
1 to 9-Months
- Coughing, sinus congestion, fatigue, shortness of breath decreases
- Lung cilia re-grow, increasing ability to handle mucus
- Body’s overall energy increases
- Lung cancer death rate for average the smoker almost halved
- Lung cancer death rate down to almost that of a non-smoker
- Precancerous cells are replaced by normal ones
- Other associated cancer risks decrease
Back to Stop Smoking
What’s the Next Step?
If you wish to have an informal discussion about how Hypnotherapy and Counselling can help you become a non-smoker, then please contact me and I will be more than happy to discuss how I can help you or to answer any questions you might have. Alternatively, you can request an appointment or book your 30 minutes FREE Initial Consultation by clicking here.
To book your FREE consultation or to find out how Counselling and Hypnotherapy in Reading Berkshire can help you,
Please CALL 07846 989439
or send me an email and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.
I look forward to hearing from you.