Experience & Qualifications
I am an experienced Therapeutic Counsellor & Counselling Supervisor and have been in private practice for over 12 years in Reading Berkshire. I work one to one with adults over 18 years and aim to offer a comfortable, safe, and non judgmental space for talking therapy.
My Therapeutic Approach
As an Integrative Counsellor, I work predominantly with the Humanistic & Psychodynamic therapeutic approaches. This simply means we work together to identify your current difficulties, as well as explore issues or relationships from your past which may be impacting your present life or relationships.
I offer both brief therapy and long term therapy. Working open endedly enables us to work more indepth.
Lecturer & Tutor
I am an approved Lecturer & Tutor of CPCAB (Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body), currently delivering L2 Cerificate Counselling Skills, L3 Certificate Counselling Studies and L4 Diploma Therapeutic Counselling courses at CPTA (Counselling & Psychotherapy Training Academy).
I offer one to one supervision for experienced/qualified counsellors and counsellors in training. My approach is Integrative and I work predominantly with Psychodynamic and Person Centred theories.
Continuing Professional Development
I am committed to my own personal and professional development (CPD), and attend many seminars and workshops throughout the year. This demonstrates my commitment to continuing to learn and develop beyond my formal training, in order to develop my skills further and to keep my knowledge up to date. This also ensures I continue to work safely and effectively.
Training & Qualifications
- Counselling Supervision – Certificate (OCN)
- CBT & Compassion Focused Therapy – Introductory to Advanced Certificate Course – Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre (OCTC)
- CBT Introductory Certificate Course – Approved by British Psychological Society – SDS Seminars Ltd
- Diploma Therapeutic Counselling – Integrative – CPCAB
- Master Practitioner Eating Disorders & Obesity Diploma (Accredited by the British Psychological Society) – National Centre for Eating Disorders
- Nutritional Skills for Eating Disorders Certificate – National Centre for Eating Disorders
- Practitioner Skills in Obesity Management Certificate – National Centre for Eating Disorders
- Clinical Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy/Hypnoanalysis Diploma (DHP) – Royal Berkshire College of Clinical Hypnosis
- NLP Master Practitioner – Think Big Education & NLP Northeast approved by the Professional Guild of NLP
- Addiction And Recovery Certificate – Pamela Gawler-Wright at Beeleaf Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy
- Working with Survivors of Sexual Violence & Abuse – Trust House Reading, Volunteer Training Programme
- EFT Practitioner – Eating Disorders & Addictions – Training with Masha Bennet in association with The National Centre for Eating Disorders
- EFT for Trauma – EFT Masters Sue Beer And Emma Roberts at The EFT Centre
- Clean Language Certificate – NLP Northeast, Caitlin Walker
- Personal & Professional Coaching Diploma (Accredited) – The Coaching Academy
- BA(Hons) Degree English and American Literature – University of Kent at Canterbury UK
Professional Membership & Code of Conduct
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) – Registered Member
- National Counselling Society (NCS) – Accredited Member
I also strive to work to the Codes of Ethics of the professional organisations to which I belong. These are available to view on the following documents and websites:
Quantum Leap Therapy holds a Professional Indemnity & Public Liability Insurance with Holistic Insurance.
How can we work together?
I offer an Initial Assessment as an opportunity to meet before you commit to therapy. This also gives us a chance to discuss your current difficulties, goals for therapy and see whether we are the best fit for each other.
Talking Can Help
To book an Initial Assessment
Please Call 07846 989439
or send me an email and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.
I look forward to hearing from you.